The astronomy applet is being redeveloped and is currently unavailable.
Please call back soon.
For more info on astronomy, visit:
The applet window shows the stars visible above Sennen Cove at the current date and time.
- Drag with the left mouse button to move around the zenith.
- Drag with the right button to move through time.
- Use the mouse wheel to zoom or set the zoom in the control panel at the bottom of the screen.
- Hold the mouse over a star for more information.
Key to symbols
- Starts and stops the clock
- Sets the time and date to the current computer system time
- Switches between equatorial coordinate cordinate grid types
- Switches between horizontal altitude-azimuth cordinate grid types
- Switches between constellation title types
- Constellation lines on/off
- Stars on/off
- Sets the North Celestial Pole over centre point (green cross)
- Sets the South Celestial Pole over centre point (green cross)
- Sets the view to face North
- Sets the view to face South
- Sets the view to face East
- Sets the view to face West
- Sets the centre point (green cross) to look directly overhead (Zenith)
- Sets the centre point (green cross) to look directly below (Nadir)